- Period of submission
- The entry period for the Little Big Project competition begins on March 25, 2013 and ends on 17 June, 2013 at 11:59 PM (GMT +7).
- How to win and judge criteria
Finalists: The 10 Finalists Will Be Selected by
• Decisions from our panel of judges - representatives from the TAT and the Media - (100%)
Judges: Our Panel of Judges will Make Their Decisions Based on the Following Criteria
• Your passion for volunteering
• Your overall plan for The Little Big Project specifically
- Notification of the 10 finalists
- The 10 finalist selected Participants (‘Finalists”, “Contestants”) who will be participating in the Competition will be notified by the TAT and/or Organizer via emails with information on your Itineraries and Assignments (See more on Assignment Description in Official Rules), as well as by an announcement posted on the website on June 21,2013.
- Your mission to accomplish in Thailand
1. Your team (comprised of one overseas competitor and one Thai competitor) will work together on the project of your choosing for 2 weeks.
2. During your 2 weeks, each team will be asked to share your daily experience with a global audience by posting blog posts, photos, videos and travel stories (in English language) with social media tools in order to inspire other travelers to learn more about and take interest in visiting those destinations for the purpose of volunteer tourism.
Once the Finalists are selected, the template URL for each Finalist's blog will be create and provided under the domain name www.TheLittleBigprojectThailand.com
3. Ask your family, friends, and anyone interested in your project to vote for you, starting from the first day of the project in June until the end the competition.
- Awarded / Grants
1. The Team who receives the highest vote will win a grant valued at $5,000(USD) to donate to your project for continued funding and receive a Hotel Voucher valued at $500(USD) for your personal enjoyment.
2. Both members of the Team who got the highest view VDO will receive an Apple gift card valued at $1,000(USD)
3. All participants will receive the certification from the mission that you volunteer to do.
- Event Schedule
• Mar 25 – June 17, 2013: Submission Period
• June 21, 2013: Finalists Announcement
• July 1, 2013: Finalists arrive in Bangkok, Thailand / Finalists briefing.
• July 2, 2013: Welcome Party / Press Conference in Bangkok / Depart to each destination
• July 3 – July 17, 2013: Volunteer Mission Period in each destination
• July 18, 2013: Finalists return to Bangkok / Winner Announcement
• July 18-20, 2013: Finalists stay in Bangkok
• July 20, 2013: Finalists return home
- Official Rules
• Application for The Little Big Project (“Competition”) is open to each individual traveler (“Participant” or collectively “Participants”) at www.Thelittlebigprojectthailand.com (“Website”).
• The 10 finalists selected Participants must be participating as volunteer in their chosen project.
• Each Participant will share his/her daily experience with a global audience via blog site by posting blog posts, photos, videos and travel stories (in English language) with social media tools, media outlets and media interviews.
• The Competition will be organized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (“TAT”) and/or any other co-organizers officially appointed by the TAT for this Competition, if any (collectively “Organizer”); and sponsored by sponsors of the TAT and/or Organizer for this Competition (“Sponsor”).